Saturday, October 23

Holiday Mart 2010

It's that time of year again - time for my most favorite shopping event of the year - Holiday Mart!

This morning I met my girlfriend Jilly for our annual holiday shopping extravaganza at Holiday Mart. I hadn't seen her in forever so it was really nice to be able to spend some one-on-one time with her catching up. We walked up & down all the aisles checking out each & every booth that was set up & managed to spend a little money as well.

The highlight of my shopping experience had to be when I stopped by a booth that was displaying Kristian Alfonso's jewelry line.
For those of you who don't know who Kristian Alfonso is, she plays Hope Brady on Days of our Lives. I have watched this soap since I was a teenager - well over 25 years - & Hope has been on that soap even longer. I just love her!

For the last couple of years, she has been wearing these beautiful custom pieces of jewelry on the soap that she has designed herself & I just love her line.


So as I am admiring a few of her necklaces, I hear this lady say to me "Do you have any questions about any of the pieces?" Imagine my shock when I look up & right next to me is Kristian Alfonso herself. I was literally starstruck! She is even more beautiful in person & I was amazed at how very tiny she was! She was maybe 5'3" at the most & can't be any bigger than a size 2! I chatted with her for a few minutes asking her about a certain necklace she always wears on Days which wasn't on display & she told me I could order it online. She was so nice & very down to earth.

I was going to pull out my camera & ask for a picture but thought it might be rude so I didn't. Besides, it was SO very crowded where we were at & I didn't want to make a spectacle of either one of us. Kind of wish I would have gotten a pic now :(

It ended up being a great afternoon spent with a very dear friend & I am so very happy that we were able to go! Thanks Jilly for such a fun shopping adventure!
Until next year....

2 comments:

Cori said...

Liar! Get out! You MET Hope?!? Oh, I am jealous. Hope was at the Holiday Mart? Wow....that's kind of weird, don't you think? Hmmm. Sorry, mind reeling....Hope pimping jewelry in KC.

Heather said...

I know Cori - I too was amazed! If you go to her website, it shows that she is appearing at 3-4 Holiday Mart's around the US this fall. Maybe her jewelry sales are down & she is trying to boost business?!?

http://www.kristianonline.com