Dave Ramsey - Total Money Makeover
This book was given to me & each of my siblings by my parents 2 Christmas' ago. It is a GREAT book if you are trying to find ways to pay off debt.Before I read this book, we lived the life of luxury, spending our money on whatever we wanted to & not putting nearly what we should towards a nest egg. We didn't really have much debt - or so I thought! To me debt meant credit cards but to Dave Ramsey debt was anything you owed money on - your car, your house, your school loans, etc. After he explained that aspect of it, I soon realized just how much "debt" we really did have.
We have slowly started to implement some of his strategies into our spending habits & apply the "Dave Ramsey Way" to our style of living. It can be tough some days, but I am hoping that using these strategies will bring us success down the road.
1 comment:
Wish there was a "Love" button on here. :)
I agree, it does get hard sometimes, mainly when the progress slows down....but I keep reminding myself of the end goal. And it's funny, because just like you said, once I would have just thought we were awesome for having no credit card debt, and yet now I find myself annoyed that we can't pay our cars off any faster. :) Changes your perspective a lot.
Oh, and because I'm too lazy to make another post..."Love" on the Nell Hill post, too. :) I even read her little column in the Sunday paper. I'm a fan.
Post a Comment