Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
My ability to spell things.
That's right. I can spell & I am darn proud of it.
For those of you who don't know, I am an 8th grade Spelling Bee champion in my middle school. Many of the people I work with know this so when we are doing the daily crossword in the newspaper on our lunch break, I am the one that is always asked "Heather, how do you spell _______"?
I usually bust out in perfect spelling bee form & ask "Can you use that word in a sentence, please?" Followed by saying the word, spelling it, then saying it again. It cracks my co-workers up everytime. I always end up spelling the word correctly but never get the praise for doing so. They just fill in their missing word as I am spelling it & go about doing their puzzle.
I guess I take being a Spelling Bee champ & bit more serious than most!?!
3 comments:
Now knowing this...if you haven't already you must go and see the Putnam County Spelling Bee musical...and try to be part of the audience participation, too.
Wish I'd know so we could have gone together this summer. Great show!
I just love that! I too am a spelling pro - learning two foreign languages has really improved my grasp on the English language. So I'm pretty much a bad-ass. :-)
Thinking of you lots....
Okay, I was a spelling champ, too. And I take every opportunity I can to rub my husband's face in it. LOL
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. :) It means a lot to me.
I think you're so brave to be doing 30 Truths, by the way. I love reading them, and I don't know if I'd want to be that honest or not. I admire you very much.
Post a Comment