The 30 Day Truth Challenge...
I saw this done on another blog that I follow & thought it might be kind of fun to jump on the bandwagon & join in. Plus I have been slacking on things to blog about lately so this will give me something to write about & hopefully not bore my readers :)
This blog challenge lasts for 30 days where each day you answer a question that coincides with a master list for the 30 Days Of Truth. Some of these "truths" are pretty deep & personal so it will be interesting to see how I respond.
It doesn't matter what date you start so when you are ready, come play along & learn a little something about yourself in the process. Since it's the 1st of October, might as well start the first "truth" today!
Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Wow - nothing like starting out on a positive note!? Unfortunately, too many of us would be quick to list all the things they hate about themselves & when given a minute to think about it one thing quickly comes to mind.
I hate that I am a HUGE procrastinator. I have a mental calendar in my head (as well as the physical one in my purse) that I keep track of all that needs to be done with life, with work, with the house, with friends. I always think I have a few days left or a few hours left & then I panic when I realize I have run out of time or days.
I am forever cutting it close when it comes to being on time to work, to outings with friends/family, to the airport, to wherever. God forbid I get out of bed 15 minutes sooner or jump in the shower 30 minutes earlier. I am never late to work (which is actually a huge pet peeve of mine) but would create alot less stress on my morning drive if I would just leave the house 10 minutes earlier!
I have a list of projects around the house that needs to be done & every weekend goes by without doing any of them. I have craft projects that I buy with every intention of starting & finishing & they will sit in the bag for months untouched. It is a bad trait I have & am trying to work on it.
Now if we wanted to talk about the physical "hates" I could go on & on but then you would get bored so I will make it short. I hate my naturally curly hair - most days - & spend a lot of money trying to straighten it! I hate my feet but at least my toes always look good so they are a good distraction from my ugly, bony feet. I hate the fat roll that has appeared in my middle section as well as the pooch I am sporting. Took me awhile to figure out that is wasn't there because I was bloated ;) I know I could do something about it that required me going to the gym that I pay every month for but incase you weren't paying attention earlier - I am a procrastinator!
So those are a few things about myself that I hate. I am very well aware of them all & know I have the power to change most of them. I just need to take that first step. Maybe I will start next week?!? :)
3 comments:
I am gonna LOVE this! Not that I love hearing you say what you hate about yourself, because personally I think you are great...but...I am gonna love reading this!
I too hate that I feel rushed before leaving to get to work, the airport, lunch, etc. I tell myself to get up a few minutes earlier, but even if I do, I find a way to use those extra minutes.
I'm glad I'm not the only procrastinator *cough* your birthday present *cough*. I had that shit on my calendar with a three week reminder and I still got it to you late!
I'm so glad you weren't mad. :-)
Post a Comment