Sunday, October 3

30 Truths - Day 3

Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.

Hmmmmm - this has required some thinking.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything I need to forgive myself for. I have never cheated or done intentional harm to anyone. I don't have a drinking or drug problem. I have never stole anything or done anything that requires forgiving & if I have, I forgave myself a long time ago & moved on.

Now don't get me wrong...I am in no way perfect either. I have done things I have regretted in the past but I chose to deal with it at that time & move forward. In doing so, I try to remember these 5 things listed below to help me get over my mistakes, make amends with myself & the situation & move on in life:

1. Forgive yourself. Be straight with yourself & admit that you have made a mistake & did not value whatever you lost. By doing this you give yourself a chance to make amends for the future.

2. Tough times do not last but tough people do. Remember that tomorrow is a new day & it will be a better one.

3. Seek forgiveness from those you have disappointed even if they have no interest in giving you another chance. This takes courage. You may be rejected, dismissed, dishonored...or hopefully forgiven. It's worth the risk.

4. Make amends where necessary: Return money, stay late, work weekends, go the extra mile. Whatever it is & if required, just do it!

5. Learn from your mistakes. Spiritual growth cannot be learned without "messing up" along our way. Once you have done everything you can do, you will be back on track to the path of happiness.


"To forgive & not to forget is like burying the hatchet with the handle sticking out."
~ Author Unknown

No comments: