We finished our breakfast & Meghan & the girls left to go meet up with her other 2 cousins that were flying in from the East coast. We sat with my KC friends while they finished their breakfast and had fun catching up with each other.Once we got checked in & settled, we called Meghan's group & they were out eating lunch & then were going to go sight-seeing. The KC group was out doing that themselves so Camille & I decided to venture out onto the strip ourselves. We of course managed to take some fun pics along the way! First things first - I had to stop & get my "yard"!
Friday, April 30
Viva Las Vegas - Day 1
This morning I was up at 3:30am! Why so early you ask? I had to leave the house by 4:15am to pick up my friend Camille & head to the airport for a 7am flight to Vegas. I have NO idea why we booked the flight that early but I made a mental note on the way - never again book a flight that early regardless of where you are going!
We met my sister-in-law-to-be Meghan, her cousin Desi & her sister Sarah at the airport, boarded the plane & were on our way for the 3 hour flight to Las Vegas.
Once we arrived, we got our bags, picked up the rental car, headed to the Luxor & all sat down for breakfast while we waited for an early check-in. As I was sitting there, I got the biggest surprise. The hostess asked me if I wanted anymore coffee & as I looked up at her to say no thank-you, I see that it was my girlfriend Deanna from Austin, TX - crazy girl! I jumped up, had tears in my eyes & gave her a huge hug. Then around the corner comes my girlfriends from KC - HK & Marlo. I was in shock & it had to be the BEST surprise ever!
Yes - that is a man in a wedding gown & a python around my neck! Crazy...
Later in the day, we ran into the KC girls along the strip...
BFF's - HT & HK :)
We all walked back to the hotel, had some dinner and then all got ready to go out in Vegas for the evening. Meghan's group was planning on going to the show "O" & since I had already seen it I opted to stay behind while they went ahead. We had planned on meeting up for drinks afterwards.
The KC girls all met up, walked around the Luxor awhile & then went into the nightclub Cathouse. It ended up being a really neat club with cool decor but was WAY overpacked with sweaty people & the floor was super sticky so it made it really hard to walk. We ended up leaving there early & were going to wait for Meghan's group to meet us for a drink but they decided to turn in early & since we were all tired from traveling earlier in the day we called it an early night as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It looks like you guys had so much fun!! Although you are forty-six different kinds of crazy for putting a damn SNAKE around your neck!! I about passed out just looking at that thing!
Aw, my word verification is 'bless.' That's how I feel - blessed that I met you! :-)
Post a Comment