"Ouch" is right! I don't know what I was thinking not putting on sunscreen earlier!? Maybe it was because it was only 72 degrees out? Maybe it was because I felt I needed some Vitamin D absorption? Regardless, I never burn this badly just being out in the sun for a few hours! Thank goodness my makeup has SPF 20 in it! My face didn't get burnt at all!
This got me wondering....
After doing a little research, come to find out the infertility meds I am on are photosensitive! Guess I didn't read the fine print: "A drug-induced photosensitive reaction may occur while taking this medication. It most commonly appears as an exaggerated sunburn. It occurs when a person takes certain medications or applies, either intentionally or unintentionally, offending substances to the skin and is exposed to ultraviolet radiation. A photosensitive reaction should be considered in people experiencing sunburn of greater severity than would normally be expected for them, or who develop rashes in areas exposed to the sun."
So that explains the sunburn! Great - now I am going to have to be even more cautious when I am out in the sun since I am "extra-sensitive"!
1 comment:
Poor baby! Sunburns are the worst - yes, I've been sunburned before! Betcha didn't know that! :-)
Hope it's all faded by now!
Post a Comment