I headed down to Baja 600 on the Plaza to meet up with some friends for drinks & dinner. I was the first to arrive so I bellied up to the bar & ordered a frozen sangria-rita while I waited for the rest of the group. This was my first frozen sangria. It was like a margarita but with the red wine taste - like a wine-a-rita. It was oh so yummy but oh so strong...
There were 11 of us gathering for the evening so once everyone arrived, were seated & ordered a beverage, out came the camera. Everybody say cheese...Bobby & HK
HT & Debbie - This is drink #2. Even Debbie tried one.
Marlo & her husband Tony
Jon & his wife Natalia
It is at this point that I have had one sangria-rita too many. I ate what I could of my dinner hoping the tortilla from my tacos & all the chips I ingested would absorb the alcohol so I could drive home. It was weird....one minute I was fine & the next minute I was d.r.u.n.k. That drink kicked HT's ass.
We left the restaurant around 8:30pm & HK got me to my car & god love her - drove my drunk ass home. We of course put the top down & jammed on the tunes the whole way home which was fun & quite sobering. Of course I had to get a pic of the car-ride home...
Damn you sangria-ritas! Who knew you would be so evil??? I have a feeling I am not going to feel well tomorrow?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment