Saturday, August 14

Fun in the Sun

Today I met up with my girlfriends HK & Deb for a pre-birthday celebration. We had a quick lunch at Chick-Fil-A & then made our way to Oceans of Fun for a day of fun in the sun. In the 11 years that I have lived in the KC area, I have never been to OOF so I was really looking forward to spending the day at the waterpark & taking in all the rides.

When we first got there, we made our way to the adult pool with the swim up bar & got 3 lawn chairs where we layed down our towels & ordered an ice cold beverage. Then we made our way to the first ride: the Aruba Tuba which was two twisting inner tube slides that vertically drop 43 feet into a huge pool.

Next ride was the Typhoon. This ride looked pretty easy but about halfway down after the middle hump it got scary. I started to pick up speed, then became airborne & then I couldn't see because of all the water spraying up at me & I started to panic because I couldn't see where I was. Then it dumped me into a deep pool with water rushing all around & I could finally see where I was. Let's just say we didn't do this ride again.


The Typhoon ride did us in & we spent the next couple of hours poolside chatting away & enjoying the people-watching.

The next ride was the Hurricane Falls. This ride is a 72-foot tall super slide that you go down in a huge circular raft. You twist down a 680-foot-long flume & shoot up the steep sides cresting close to a 90-degree angle. I thought for sure we were going to flip several times but we made it all the way to the bottom safely. This was a fun ride & would definitely do it again.

The last "thrill" of the day was the Monsoon. This is a ride with a large 20-passenger boat that travels up a lift and splashes down to produce a wall of water. We sat in the very front row & soon realized that maybe this wasn't the best place to be - we ended up soaked - which was so much fun!

After about 5 hours of rides & fun, we decided to call it a day. What a fun day it turned out to be & I was so happy to have shared it with my girlfriends HK & Deb. HT & Deb :)

2 comments:

Desiree said...

That looks like so much fun!! I haven't been to Oceans of Fun since I was a little kid!

ps - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm putting your gift in the mail tomorrow because I'm lame like that. I have no idea why but I can't send birthday gifts on time if my life depended on it. At least it'll come in your birthday week - that counts right?

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Heather!