
It was a f'n Cicada...in the house...on the wall! I immediately freak out. If you have never been up close & personal with one of these things they are creepy & UGLY & scary. Shane was in bed so I had to battle this monster on my own. I grabbed a towel & gave it a few swats & the thing goes flying everywhere in the family room. I'm not sure why I thought a towel would take this thing down?!
After a few more swats I lose him. Had NO idea where he went. I started to panic. There was NO WAY I was going to bed with that thing in my house so I went & got the flashlight & looked ALL around the end table for him because that is where I last spotted him. 10 min go by & I finally found him wedged behind the speaker. I go & get a flip-flop to try & take him down & he starts making that noise that they make outside. O.M.G. it was SO flippin' loud! Truly amazing that something that small can make such a loud noise! I'm surprised it didn't wake up Shane. Freaked the dogs out though...
Well, one last swat & a smack with my shoe & he fell to the ground but he wasn't done yet. He was flopping all over the place. I opened the door & took my flip-flop & flicked him back outside where he belonged & the drama was over. My heart was racing & I had broke a sweat! That damn cicada got the best of me - I think I am going to be traumatized for life.
1 comment:
Eeww!
Post a Comment