Tuesday, August 3

Top 2

Top 2: Simple Pleasures in life

1) Sitting outside and enjoying nature. I LOVE to sit on our back patio, read my book, listen & watch the birds on the bird-feeder, hear the cicadas, owls & all the other sounds nature brings. I also LOVE to stand in the garage and watch it thunderstorm. It always reminds me of when I was growing up on the farm. My dad & I would stand outside on the patio & watch the storms come in looking for tornados while my mother was yelling for us to get down in the basement :) Good times...

2) HT Time - LOVE me some ME time. Call me a loner or maybe I am just REALLY comfortable with myself but I love to go shopping alone, go to a movie alone, get pedi's alone, lay by the pool & read a good book, catch up on DVR shows in my PJ's when Shane is working - just be by myself for a few hours. Once a month I take a day off of work for just me. I call it a "Heather Day" & do all the things mentioned above...all by myself. It keeps my sanity & is a nice & usually much-needed break from work & all socializing appointments :)

No comments: