Since I have fallen behind on my "blogging", I thought I would just do a weekly review of this weeks happenings. Not been a very exciting week, but I do have a few things to share:
- Shane started the night shift with UPS on Monday night. Every 6 months they re-bid there positions & since he doesn't have enough seniority yet, he got bumped off the day shift. His hours are now 10pm-6:30am Mon-Fri so he leaves for work around 9pm and we have been passing each other on the road every morning as he is coming home & I am heading to work. He has now completed his first week & he says it isn't too bad....yet! At least it is MUCH cooler at night than during the day which makes for a tolerable evening working on the dock & driving.
- My BFF Stacey is 31 weeks pregnant & was admitted to the hospital with pre-eclampsia on Monday. She has spent the last 3 weeks at home on bedrest already but her blood pressure ended up sky high & she was testing postive for protein in her urine - not a good combo. She had this same condition 3 years ago with her son Marshall & he was born at 29 weeks. As of today she is still in the hospital stable & so is Miss Ava so we are all crossing our fingers that Ava stays snuggled inside for as long as Stacey can tolerate it.
- Friday night we spent a fun-filled evening at our neighbors' Dave & Gaels' house for cocktails, appetizers & some "adult fun"! Gael hosted a couples "Passion Party" which was an adult party that inspired ideas of how to "spice" up your love life :) It was hilarious watching the guys reactions to some of the items shown & a good time was definitely had by all!
That's all I got for this week. See - I told you not much has been going on. Just living the life...
No comments:
Post a Comment