Sunday, March 29

Winter Wonderland

This photo of our home was taken at 7am Friday morning on my way to work. I knew we were going to be getting a snow storm on Saturday so I wanted to capture a "before the storm" picture. It was 58 degrees, slightly humid and the start to another beautiful day. You can notice how there are signs of "spring" all over in this picture if you look closely - the grass starting to turn green, the Bradford Pear tree blooming on the right, the daffodils have bloomed all around the tree rings....true signs that spring is around the corner.

This is the sight I woke up to this morning after Mother Nature came in yesterday and wreaked havoc all over the KC metro area with her thunderstorm/sleet/ice-storm/blizzard:
This morning it is a brisk 21 degrees out, there is now 5 inches of snow covering what used to be green grass, the trees are covered in ice and snow and I could not see the daffodils under the blanket of snow this morning :( But as much of a bummer as it was to see, I couldn't help but look around and capture the beauty of what was surrounding me...

It is supposed to be 50 degrees today so all this will melt away quickly. I just hope it doesn't do any damage to all our trees that are starting to bud & bloom! I guess that is what we get for living in the Midwest - where it can be 80 degrees one day and blizzarding the next! There is an old saying around here that goes "if you don't like the weather here, just stick around - it will change tomorrow"! Ain't that the truth!

1 comment:

Nickie said...

Great pictures!!!! Isn't it crazy how quickly the weather changes...gesh!