Saturday, March 28

"It Could Be Bigger"

This morning as I was in the family room enjoying catching up on all my DVR'd shows from the week, the hubby yells down from the computer room and says "Get dressed...we are going to Nebraska Furniture Mart to pick up a new Plasma TV". What the?!? Uh....ok.

We have been wanting to get one for awhile - wait, let me rephrase that - the hubby has been wanting to get the "new & improved" model of Panasonic for ahwile to put in the family room and then move the one we have down there already into the bedroom. Like we need a 42 inch plasma in the bedroom but whatever - it is Shane's deal. Well it just so happened that the new model of Panasonics were in stock at NFM this week and on sale so Shane just had to go right that minute to get it. Never mind that it is sleeting outside, the temperature is teetering at 31-32 degrees and NFM is at least a 45 minute drive north.

At this point, I'm irritated because 1) I was looking forward to going nowhere and watching TV all morning and 2) any sane human is crazy to be driving out in that weather risking there life let alone for a TV we don't need. So after much grumbling by me, at 9:30am we make our way out into the storm and get the TV. We get back safely almost 2 hours later. Shane got everything ready to mount the old TV up in the bedroom which consisted of moving electrical boxes and cable lines, sawing holes into the sheetrock and god knows what else that I don't want to know. 3 hours later he had his friend Chris (aka: Goose Killer) come over to help since I am worthless when it comes to lifting heavy things. The TV looks way to big in the bedroom but again - it is Shane's deal and who am I to argue?!? They then move downstairs to mount the new TV with no troubles. All three of us are staring at it on the wall and in unison we all say "It is too small"! It is the same size as the old one but the old one had 2.5" speakers on each side of it adding 5 inches to the width. This one didn't and we all agreed that "it could definitely be bigger"! Which when you say those words to my husband it instantly puts a smile on his face and makes him giddy!

SO - the new TV comes down, gets put back into the box and we are going to return it tomorrow - or so I thought. It is now 5pm and I am just about to get dinner out of the oven. The temperature is at 30 degrees, and it is sleeting/snowing out and Shane just can't wait until tomorrow to take the TV back so I take dinner out of the oven, cover it with tin foil and off we go in near blizzard conditions back to NFM.
At this point, I don't know who is crazier - my husband for driving out in this mess or me for agreeing to go with him! Anyway, we return the TV, get the other TV with no problems and back home we go...35 miles/hour in the freezing rain up north and blizzard down south. It is now 8:30 pm, the TV is finally mounted and I would have to agree that it definitely looks much better. All is happy in the Taylor house once again. Now can we eat dinner???

No comments: