Thursday, March 19

March Madness

March Madness - an annual three-week-long event held in March between 65 college basketball teams to crown a national champion.

This week I have been a bit crazed and obsessed. For the last 3 days I have been researching college basketball teams, stats, coach reviews & whatever I could find on the NCAA 2009 season just so I can hopefully make some good decisions when I fill out my brackets. It is quite ironic really, seeing how before I met Shane I didn't even know what "March Madness" was! But through the years, I have followed KU basketball along with my husband and now I am even more of a fan than I think he is....if that is even possible!?

So every year we end up doing a "pool" at work where we fill out a bracket for $5, submit them and hopefully pick the most number of wins out of the 65 teams as well as choosing the winner of the final two games. This year there were 75 brackets submitted so the 1st place winner will get $200, 2nd place-$100 and 3rd place-$50. Last year I got 2nd place so I'm hoping to take the 1st place prize this year! So - wish HT some luck & let the "madness" begin :)

No comments: