Monday, December 20

Top 2


Top 2 Favorite Christmas Memories

1) To this day, I don't think my mom knows this but growing up I would always make it my mission to find the "hidden" X-mas presents. "Santa" was pretty predictable year after year so they were usually found deep in my parents closet & I would "sneak a peek" at what was to be wrapped under the tree...every year. Sorry mom :( On Christmas morning there were a few surprises so I wasn't always able to see all the gifts! I also used to pick one gift under the tree not from Santa & would slit the tape open to see what it was & would ever so carefully tape it back up. LOL - definitely naughty was I :)

2) Growing up we made alot of holiday traditions & they have continued on all throughout the years. My siblings & I have grown to "expect" these traditions & when they change, it is not accepted well by any of us.

It all starts with Christmas Eve. We usually go to the evening service, then head over to my grandparents house where my aunts, uncles & cousins would gather for a late meal & gift opening. Every year we all sat in the very same spot & my aunt Denise would hand out the presents....always! Then after the gift opening, we would have homemade vanilla ice cream with strawberries along with many other desserts! It is always a treat that everyone looks forward to on X-mas Eve!

On Christmas morning, my siblings would wake everyone up at the crack of dawn & we would gather around the tree & open our presents. After the gifts were all opened, we grabbed our stockings to see what was stuffed in them. Then my mom would make everyone a fabulous breakfast & later in the afternoon everyone headed to a movie & when we returned home mom was making yet another fabulous meal for dinner.


38 years old & we still stick to these traditions every time I go home for the holidays. I hope to instill these kinds of traditions with my children & provide them with many pleasant memories as I have throughout the years.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I'm loving your Christmas posts! I'm so bummed that we're going to miss each other in KC but I'm totally thinking of you and I hope you have a wonderful time with your family over Christmas!