Tuesday, December 21

Pukey

On Tuesday, Dec 14th I posted about how I was off work sick for a couple of days with a cold & now it is a week later & I still feel pukey. I don't feel bad enough to NOT go to work but I don't feel 100% either. The dry cough is gone but I have tons of drainage & a sore throat along with feeling no energy & am extemely tired all day long.

So while I was at work today, I ran up to the Family Practice Clinic to be seen by my favorite family practitioner Dr. Teegarden. I needed to be seen anyway to refill a couple of prescriptions, order some yearly labwork & just do an overall check. During the exam she noticed my tonsils were red, swollen & had some pus pockets on them - eeewww :( Like I said, I didn't feel that bad but she still fussed at me for being at work with tonsils that looked like that. Who knew!?

Come to find out, my glands were very swollen, I had a low-grade fever & the throat swab results came back saying I have strep throat (lovely pic of A streptococcus on the left in lime green attaching themselves to healthy cells) NICE! No wonder I have felt bad this past week!? Probably have had a low-grade fever for over a week now! SO I left there with a prescription for a Z-pack & went straight to the pharmacy to get it filled. As much as I try to avoid going to doctors & being on antibiotics, I am thankful I went in. I am heading home to SD for the holidays & will be loving on little nieces & nephews & would hate to have passed this nasty bug onto them! My sister & SIL can thank me when I get there :)

Fast forward to 8 hours later & I awake from a deep sleep with instant nausea & run to the bathroom. Ended up getting sick (sorry for the TMI) & went back to bed with an upset stomach. Damn antibiotics. For something that is supposed to be good for you they can sure make a person feel like poo :( So I am at work, it is time to take another round of antibiotics & I am nervous for another "repeat episode" of last night. Thank goodness I only have to be on these for 3 more days!?

It is the holidays, I still have tons more to do before I leave town & I don't have time to feel this yucky! Hopefully I will start feeling better soon & the GI issues remain calm for the next few days!? And to all who have come in contact with me this last week - I am sorry :( I didn't know. I pray you all remain healthy & have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Hugs...

No comments: