Sunday, May 16

Visit from the In-laws

Since I got back from Vegas, my weeks have been a blur! Last weekend I was on call & the weekend before that was spent trying to catch up from being gone. It unfortunately rained the entire weekend so I didn't get much done but did enjoy some R-n-R with the hubby on the couch catching up on DVR'd shows & watching movies. If felt SO good to be lazy for a change!

This past weekend, Shane's parents were in town & stayed with us. It had been awhile since they had been back in KC so it was very nice to see them & all spend some time long over-due time together.

Saturday afternoon we had Shane's brother & his fiance Anna over to the house as well as Shane's nephew Jordan. He is in the Army & is soon leaving for Korea for a year so everyone gathered to spend some time with Jordan before he leaves. It was nice to get to spend time with his side of the family for a change & thankful we could all get together.

Sunday I ran some errands & cleaned up the house a bit while Shane's parents went to visit his aunt & uncle. I had decided to make us all a nice dinner since it was their last evening with us. I had gotten a recipe last week that I was dying to try but it makes ALOT so with Shane's parents here, it was a perfect time to try it out.

The recipe was for Spinach Stuffed Shells
It turned out awesome, was dee-lish, very easy to make & plenty left over to freeze for another day. It is also a Weight Watchers dish for those of you on the WW diet - 3 shells are 6 pts! I ended up serving the dish with a Cesear salad & garlic bread - not on the WW diet :) We all stuffed ourselves but made sure to leave a little room for a quick run to Sonic for chocolate shakes...yummy! Later in the evening, we all settled in & watched the movie The Blindside which was excellent!

All in all, it turned out to be a great weekend spent with the hubby & the in-laws!

No comments: