Sunday, May 2

Vegas Day 3

Camille & I were up early this morning & due to her late night, she was not feeling so hot! Me on the other hand felt well rested :) We had a date with Meghan's group at the spa this morning so we got up & made our way to Caesars Palace. Once we got there I was disappointed to see only Meghan & Desi there. Seems that the other girls all bailed on the spa outing for various reasons so it ended up being just the 4 of us. We started out having our massage and afterwards spent the next couple of hours utilizing the saunas, roman mineral baths, jacuzzi tubs & then the luxurious showers. It was SO very relaxing & I think the girls were all glad that they had participated.Once we finished our spa experience, we left Meghan & Desi as they had plans to meet up with the rest of her group for the day. Camille & I had lunch together on the strip & then made our way back to the hotel where we met Deanna & laid by the pool the rest of the afternoon. Deanna was flying back to Austin this evening so at 5:30pm Camille & I drove her to the airport & said our goodbyes. She is going to be back in KC over Memorial Day weekend so we will get to see her again soon!

After we dropped Deanna off, we headed back to the hotel & tried to figure out what to do the rest of the evening. Meghan's group had planned on walking the strip to check out a few sights & Camille really wanted to head to old downtown Vegas so that is what we ended up doing. We called the KC girls to see where they were at & picked them up on the strip in the rental car & all headed downtown. We ate at Main Street Casino & had the bestest, cheapest buffet dinner I have ever had! We then made our way to Fremont Street & walked around until the laser show started.
The laser show ended up being a tribute to the rock band Queen & was very cool! After that we headed to the craps table where Camille showed us all how to play the game. We all had fun rolling the dice, placing bets & not having a clue what we were doing! I won $10 which was good enough for me & I walked away. We all headed back to the car & made our way to the hotel to get ready for one last night of hitting the clubs.

HK ended up getting us VIP entrance into the Playboy Bar & Ghostbar at the Palms so we headed over there for the night. I was super excited about going to these 2 bars because this is where alot of the celebrities hang out - especially the cast from MTV's The Hills.

We didn't end up seeing any celebrities but all agreed that we were glad we got to experience these 2 bars. It was around 1am & we were starting to have enough of the bar scene so we decided to head back to the hotel. But before we returned to the hotel, we took a little detour & stopped at the Las Vegas welcome sign for a few fun pictures. Lucky for us there was one other couple out there at 1:30am to take our picture!


Several pics later we were on our way back to the hotel. By now it is past 2am & we have to be up in less than 2 hours to check out & leave for the airport for our 6:30am flight. We ended up staying up the rest of the night repacking our suitcases & reminiscing about the past few days events.

4am couldn't come soon enough & Camille & I both decided we were "done" with Vegas & ready to get home. We checked out, dropped off the rental car & made our way through security to the gate. It was a pleasant flight home as I pretty much slept the entire way! I sure do love going to Vegas but I love coming home even more :)

Thanks for the memories girls...

No comments: