Friday, March 19

Retail Therapy

We got finished with procedures early today so I decided to ditch work, forego the basketball-watching & treat myself to a little "retail therapy"! I just so happen to have a 30% off coupon for Banana Republic, Gap & Old Navy stores as well as their outlet stores so I headed to The Legends to see if I could put it to use.
When I got there it was total chaos. I don't think anyone in the KC metro area was working today because they were all hanging out at the Legends with their children. There were babies, kids, strollers & teenagers everywhere in the stores and out. All the stores were having huge sales also so they had lines 20 people deep waiting to be rung up. It was crazy. And people were being SO rude.

After 20 min in Banana & decided to not even bother waiting to try on the outfit I had picked out. Instead I made my way to the registers & proceeded to wait in the long line. Bought a pair of casual/dressy pants, a cute cotton top & a little cami for underneath. BEFORE the sale price all together it was $120. On sale it was $72. Scanned my 30% off coupon & now we were down to $51. Throw in the gift card I received for my birthday back in August & swiped my debit card for a grand total of $24. Not too shabby for an expensive store like Banana Republic.

Next I made my way over to the Gap Outlet. Just as crazy as Banana so I did a 180 through the store & out the door I went. Didn't see anything in there that I just had to have. All the kids, strollers & teenagers were starting to work my last nerve so I made my last stop into Old Navy. Didn't see anything there I had to buy either so I was in & out in 5 min. Since I had had enough of the craziness, I decided to head back over to Johnson County & hit Walmart on the way home. Another nightmare & it was only 4pm!

When I walked in I was lost. They totally rearranged every aisle in the store, painted the walls a disturbing mustard & blue color & amped up the voltage on the fluorescent lighting so it was almost TOO bright in there & damn near gave me a migraine. Once I found my way & gathered my groceries I made my way to check out. There were only 6 cashiers working and at least 5 people deep in each line. Unreal! So I grabbed a magazine & tried to read while I waited in line. Tried being the key word here. I was constantly being distracted by the girl's hair that was in front of me as well as all the "stripes" she had going on there...

Seriously? Why? Only at Walmart...

Anyway, I get up to pay for my groceries, put them in the cart & then attempt to scan my debit card but the teenager behind me has moved forward & is standing in front of the debit scanner. I said "excuse me" not once but twice & then she has the nerve to roll her eyes at me, sigh real heavy & acts like I was asking her to move mountains or something. I went from sweet to bitch in 2 seconds flat. "Um, listen Miss Thang. I've been waiting in this line just as long as you have now move the hell back so I can scan my debit card & get out of your way." It just came out before I could do anything about it. She looked stunned & stepped out of my way. I scanned my card, grabbed my receipt & left.

THEN I get to my car and see a frickin' shopping cart wedged in b/w my bumper & another car's bumper. I about lost it in the parking lot! The cart carousel is 2 cars over & this asshole couldn't push the cart 12 feet? I was beyond pissed. I removed the cart & I then see a scratch in my bumper of the Mustang. Nice...

Why me? Is God trying to punish me? I just don't get my luck sometimes. Should have just kept my ass at work & watched basketball. Instead of retail therapy, I think I now need mental therapy!

TGIF!!!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I'm sooo sorry about the scratch on the Mustang!!! But MAD PROPS for putting that biatch in her place! I would have stopped and gone home at the first store, you're a better woman than me. I canNOT handle crowds in my old age. It's the only good thing about being unemployed - I shop during the middle of the day in the middle of the week.

Of course, you get the OTHER people who also have the same idea, but at least the smaller crowds make me less stabby.