I have a bad feeling that Millie has torn her ACL in the left back leg :(I came home from work Thursday & she was overly excited to see me for some reason. She got a case of the zoomies, raced down the stairs, ran smack into the couch and knocked herself over. I had to laugh at first because she looked like a "june bug" stuck on her back trying to wiggle herself back over. She appeared to be fine but when she came back inside from going potty she was pulling her left back leg up and not putting any weight on it. We crated her for the night and by morning it wasn't any better! I called & made an appt with the Orthopedic Vet and the soonest we can get her in is Monday morning. In the meantime, they prescribed her some Rimadyl (anti-inflammatory) and Tramadol (pain med) twice a day.
After work today when I let her out to potty she seemed to be "toe-tapping" with that back left leg but she is hardly putting any weight on it. I can tell she is in pain & I feel so bad. It is so sad to watch her hobble around and grunt in pain :( She'll stand at the bottom of the stairs & whine because it hurts her to go up them. Poor baby!
I pray it isn't an ACL because I would hate for her to have to go through another big, painful surgery (she had her luxating patella fixed on the right back leg 2 years ago) but I have a strong feeling that is what it is. Bulldogs are prone to getting ACL tears due to their short legs & bulky bodies - & as you know, she is a bit chunkier than most :) I'm surprised we have gone this long without any ACL problems from either one of them! Whatever the vet says, we are prepared to do whatever needs to be done to get things fixed so that she is not in anymore pain.
I will post an update again on Monday after the visit to the vet. Wish us luck...
5 comments:
You are such a good mommy! I love how you have a nickname for the puppy antics. Zoomies, love it! Just sad to hear she's not feeling well.
Zoomies...love it!
I hope that Millie is better soon, poor doggie!
What is life without a little bit of dog drama every now and then:) I am hoping for the best for Millie, she is so loved and needs to get feeling better!! Keep us posted on the vet appt today.
Michelle O
Oh, I'm sorry Heather. Hope you get good news at the vet today. Keep us posted.
Poor little sugar poo! I hope she gets to feeling better!
Post a Comment