Sunday, October 25

Girlz Day Out

Today I met the neighborhood girls out for a day of lunch & shopping. We all gathered at Spin! Pizza where everyone enjoyed pizza/salads & much fun catching up.

Next stop was the highly anticipated event of the year that I SO look forward to - Holiday Mart! This has been a yearly tradition of mine for awhile now & I was so excited to get to share it with the girls from the neighborhood. Holiday Mart is put on by the Junior League of KC. It features over 200 speciality retailers from around the area & attracts over 22,000 shoppers. Proceeds from Holiday Mart benefit the Jr. League of Kansas City, its volunteers and financial commitment to children's literacy. So basically it is shopping for a good cause :)

When we first walked in, everyone agreed that it was a bit overwhelming. There were so many vendors to see & they were all packed in the building like sardines. Once we figured out where to start, we enjoyed going up and down all the aisles shopping & checking out what everyone had to offer. I managed to help the economy out and buy a few things for myself but kept the spending under control :)

Once we were on our way home, we made a stop at Sheridan's Frozen Custard & treated ourselves to a Pumpkin Pie Concrete - think DQ blizzard with a piece of pumpkin pie mixed into it! It was oh so yummy and a perfect end to a great day!

No comments: