4 hours....that is the time it took for me to read this page-turner from front to back. I bought it Sunday afternoon and spent the early evening on the patio reading! It was such a good book that I got through more than 1/2 of it the first day. I finished the book Monday night!The Art of Racing in the Rain is about a dog named Enzo and the story of his life with his family - told by him, the family dog in his own words. From the first chapter I was hooked and had already shed a tear. While reading this book there were times when I laughed out loud as well as silently sat while my emotions got the best of me.
I found it quite interesting reading what a dog might think about or why they possibly do the crazy things they do and what they might say if they could speak. It is of course all fiction, but it is comforting to me knowing that my 3 dogs might just "get me" and "understand me" and that they just might have a soul like a human. The book also taught me that when they have lived a long good life with you and it is time to let them go, they understand and are willing. And even though we are so very sad at the time - it is the best gift we as owners can give them - to rid them of their pain & suffering.
If you are a dog lover, I highly recommend reading this book. Anyone who would like to borrow it please let me know! I promise you won't be disappointed :)
2 comments:
Sounds like a great book! I already have a tear in my eye at the thought of one day losing my brown pup. ;) But, I think I am just a little hormonal today too.
I have tears in my eyes just reading your blog about the book. It sounds like a good book, dogs are so awesome:) I may have to borrow it, if you don't mind some tear stained pages when it is returned to you:)
Michelle O.
Post a Comment