Friday, October 9

Movie-Night

This evening the girls gathered at Keri's house for our monthly game-night. I always look forward to these evenings getting together with the girls, eating good food and relaxing with a glass of wine. As usual, everyone brought a great spread and we were all impressed with Keri's baking skills as she had made a dee-lish pumpkin cheesecake for the group! My little "Domestic-Diva-in-training" is definitely on her way to becoming a grand DD! It was very yummy!

After we had dined on great food, we all decided to forgo the usual game and head to a late movie instead. We had discussed scary movies earlier in the evening and I had mentioned that I wanted to see Paranormal Activity. Everyone agreed that it looked like a good, scary movie so we checked and found out that it was playing in KC so off we went - with a bottle of wine to drink while watching the movie :)

The movie started off slow but as it went along it started to hold my attention and it ended up creeping me out. I have always believed in haunted spirits & ghosts and this movie made me not want to ever go to sleep again! I caught myself grabbing my friend Erinn several times (sorry Erinn) throughout the movie and freaking out at certain parts. I must say it wasn't worth the $10 we paid for the late showing but it was worth it watching it on the big screen.
After the movie, we headed back to Keri's to finish the wine and then we headed over to the Hideout for a nightcap. Keri's husband Ken had never been there before so we introduced him to this infamous Spring Hill hole-in-the-wall bar! It ended up being a very late but definitely great evening once again! I can always count on these girls for a fun night!

1 comment:

Keri said...

What a great time! Ken thinks we are the funniest girls ever. I think he likes to hang out wth us!