Saturday, February 12

Baby Shower

Today was a fabulous day. It started off by getting to sleep in. Then I awoke to a sunny, 50+ degrees morning. The snow was finally melting away & it feels like spring may be right around the corner - YAY!

But the thing that made this day extra fabulous was the event I was heading to this morning - my girlfriend Desiree's baby shower! She lives in Dallas & I hadn't seen her since May :( I unfortunately missed her when she was in town over Christmas so I was SO excited to get to see her today.

As I walked through the door I see her across the room & she looked adorable. She had the cutest baby bump, looked beautiful & radiant & at 31 weeks my girl was even rocking some high-heeled boots! She is so awesome!

When she spotted me across the room there were screams, running in high-heeled boots, hugs, more screams & more hugs. She sure knows how to make a girl feel welcome!

Her baby shower was held at the Sylvester Powell Community Center & it was the perfect place! Her cousin had decorated the room super cute with lots of bright pink & orange Gerbera daisy's & it all looked amazing! The food was dee-lish & the cake was.....well, look for yourself:

SO cute! It was vanilla with fruit layered in between & was so yummy! And y'all know how I love me some professional-made cake :)

I also had the pleasure of meeting Desiree's family (her & her Mom above), extended family, friends from high-school & people that meant a great deal to her. I LOVED her family - so warm & welcoming! They were SO excited to have everyone gathered together for such a wonderful occasion! The love that you could feel in that room was absolutely amazing!

I sat at the table with Desiree's girlfriends & cousins. The girl on the left is Cori. She went to high school with Desiree & they have remained friends ever since. She too has a blog that I follow. It was so nice to get to sit there & visit with her. She was so easy to talk to & I felt like I already knew her just from reading her blog! She is the one who introduced me to Desiree's blog. That is how I got to know Desiree & then finally meet her! The girl on the far right is Desiree's best friend from high school - Brandi. She was so sweet & I enjoyed hearing stories about her & Desiree from back in the day! And of course the girl who is "glowing" to the right of me is Desiree :)

Once everyone had eaten, we played a quick game & then it was time for the gift-opening. There was TONS of presents & it was fun watching D open everything. As she opened each gift, she shared who it was from & then made a point to say something about that person whether it be a funny story or a memory - it was a really nice way to acknowledge that person & let others know how D knew them.

After all the gifts were open, people started to leave & us girls were able to visit with D a little bit more which was nice. I actually think I was the last guest to leave!? I just didn't want to say goodbye because I knew I wouldn't be seeing D for awhile :( It was a great ending to a fabulous afternoon!

Desiree is due April 15th & I can't wait to get to meet sweet little Sofia! I am thinking a trip to Dallas may be in my future this summer!?

*all photos courtesy of Desiree's brother Clint - he did such a great job in capturing the day!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Desiree is so stinkin gorgeous!

Desiree said...

I'm soooooooo freakin happy I got to see you! It was pretty much the best day ever and I'm so glad I got to hang out with you!

You are such a beautiful person and I'm so lucky I get to be your friend! :-)

Cori said...

Hey, thanks for the blog shout out! :) I had lots of fun, too, but I'm sorry we lost the Starbucks gift cards. Hehe Take care of yourself, and I agree, road trip to Dallas may be in order.