Tuesday, February 22

Top 2


Top 2: Things you've learned from your parents/grandparents

1) Choose your battles wisely. These are wise words that are often spoken by my mother & one of the best pieces of marriage advice I have ever received. Whenever I get irritated by things my husband does or doesn't do I stop & think if it is really worth getting upset about & picking a fight. 9 times out of 10 it isn't worth the hassle or the argument or the energy but there is that 1 time where I just have to speak my mind.

2) Friends come & go but family is forever. When you’re younger, it’s easy to forget this one, & it's probably one of the hardest lessons to learn. But while friendships may fizzle, your family will always be there. They will always stick by you through thick & thin - even in the hardest of times. This is something I never forget & always appreciate. It is comforting to know that my family will always have my back. Unfortunately, I can't say that about all my friends. I am so thankful my grandparents & parents taught us the importance of family & I hope to instill that same trait in our children - if we are lucky enough to be that blessed.

1 comment:

Beth McC. said...

I had to laugh when I read what you put! My Granny has told me the same things as long as I can remember!! Love this post!!