Well the much anticipated Blizzard of 2011 has come & gone & has left us with 13" of snow on the ground. For Kansas City, that is ALOT of snow! I left work yesterday at 12 noon to beat the traffic & crazy drivers & what usually takes me 40 min to get home took 2+ hours. There was already 5-6" of snow on the ground & the side roads were horrible! I spent alot of my time maneuvering around stuck cars & pickup trucks that couldn't get up the hills. The interstate had one lane plowed & everyone was staying in that lane. Thank goodness I have an SUV with 4 wheel drive! I may only use it 2-3 times a year but I am VERY glad to have it when I need it!
Luckily, Shane's work called early & cancelled him for the night so we got to spend an unexpected evening together. I made a pot of chili & we watched Biggest Loser - was kind of nice having him around for the night :)
Around 4am he went out & shoveled the driveway & when I awoke at 6am the cul-de-sac hadn't been plowed yet & there was no way I was getting through 13" of snow - even in 4 wheel drive! So I called in to work & got to spend the day at home with the hubby! It is 2pm & the plows STILL haven't come through! The subdivision is all plowed but they haven't touched us! We have called twice & they said they will get to us - eventually! So here we sit. So irritated.
Look's like I don't have any excuses not to clean the house!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment