Top 2 Favorite Jobs
1) Domestic Diva - balancing a career, husband & furry children while I cook & bake like a professional, clean everything from laundry stains to washing windows to doing dishes, decorate on a budget, prepare meals daily, take charge of the family finances, sew, decorate, entertain, socialize & making homemade gifts & crafts on the side. It's a tough job (& one of my favorites) but someone has to do it :)
2) Cardiovascular Specialist/Nurse - I have been in the medical field since 1995 & out of every job I have ever had, this one has been the most rewarding. It has been 15+ years of taking care of heart patients, seeing technology advance, following patients who desperately need a new heart, watching them go through a heart transplant & then seeing how their life has changed as they come see us every month for their heart biopsy. I have seen young people & old people die, I have been called in during the middle of the night more times than I care to count to help save a life while someone is having a heart attack & come back to visit them the next day & they are SO grateful for what we did. That's what makes me love my job.
I am surrounded by challenges daily. I carry immense responsibility. I step into people's lives & make a difference. Some bless me, some have cursed me. I see people at their worst & at their best. I never cease to be amazed at peoples capacity for love, courage & endurance.
When you work in a hospital you will see life begin & unfortunately, see life end. You will experience resounding triumphs & devastating failures. You will cry a lot. You will laugh a lot. And best of all, you will know what it is to be human & to be humane.
This is why this job is my favorite.
5 comments:
Nurses are special people. I know that is a very rewarding job!
Awesome choices. Sounds like you really love your jobs as you should. :)
i'm sure working in the health industry can be very challenging... sounds like it's equally rewarding too:)
And this is why you're awesome and I'm proud to be your friend!
I would love to be a nurse.. have thought about it for years.. my grandma was a nurse & I think nurses are amazing!
Post a Comment