I had an apple pie recipe that I have been wanting to try for awhile now so last night I put my heart, sweat & tears into this pie! There were rules to this contest that needed to be followed: crust must be homemade - no store bought/frozen crusts, must contain at least 60% apples, must include recipe, etc so I made sure to follow all the rules. The pie took about 2 hours to make & I can honestly say I don't think I am a fan of making pies. Cookies? yes. Cupcakes? yes. But not pies.
May I present to you: HT's Upside Down Apple Pie (with a candied pecan glaze)

And may I introduce you to the 2nd Place winner of the Apple Pie Bake-Off :)
It ended up being so much fun & I am so glad I participated. For someone who has never made apple pie before - especially with a made-from-scratch crust - I didn't do too shabby & for that I am very proud :)
4 comments:
congrats! I looks yummy, nice work
Congratulations! You look so official in your work clothes! :-) And then with your homemade pie - seriously, that picture just screams 'I can do it all and have awesome hair besides!'
That's why you're the greatest!
And this is why you are THE Domestic Diva! I could not be more proud!
I would be a hit at Thanksgiving with an AWARD-winning pie recipe. ;) Are you willing to share? I am very intimidated by making crust...that's why I've never tried. But it's my favorite part to eat.. This looks awesome!
Post a Comment