Monday, November 8

Weekend in Review

*warning: photo overload

This weekend I made my way to Wisconsin to see my sister & her family & join in celebrating both my nephews' birthdays. Tanner was turning 3 on Sunday & Cael turns 1 on Dec 3rd.

I left for the airport after work on Friday & ended up sitting in the airport for more than 2 hours waiting for my delayed flight. I finally got in the air after 9pm, arrived in Milwaukee, rented a car & made my way 90 miles north to Neenah. I arrived to my sisters' house shortly past midnight. It was 1am by the time I got to bed & was woke up at 5:30am by a very excited 2 year old who couldn't wait for Aunt "Hedder's" arrival! I was quickly reminded that there is no sleeping in at their house!

We spent Saturday morning watching cartoons, playing with toys, running errands, getting stuff ready for the birthday party & making & sampling the cupcakes (or as Tanner calls them: muffins). By mid afternoon I was ready for a nap which I got to enjoy while the boys slept. Later that evening my sister & I made our way over to one of her girlfriends house for a little "ladies night" which consisted of food, wine & lots of girl talk. She has some really nice friends & a good time was had by all.

Sunday morning Tanner woke me up again at 5:30am with the lights on & dragging b-day presents behind him. He just couldn't wait to open "birf-day presents" so I got up & we watched him open the gifts I bought him. Then he convinced mom & dad to let him open their gifts to Tanner. We spent the next couple of hours playing with his new toys & getting ready for his birthday party.
My sister had Tanner & Cael's party later that day at a place called Rainbow Play Systems. It is actually a business that sells play systems, trampolines & sandboxes but will rent out the showroom on the weekends for kids parties.
Doesn't it look like fun? The kids all had a blast playing on all the equipment & even some of the big kids got to play :) The also have a great little party room where we all ate & enjoyed "birf-day" cake which Tanner was most excited about!

Since Cael is turning 1 in a few weeks, my sister decided to combine their b-day parties. He had a cute b-day hat on prior to this picture but he just wouldn't leave it on :( Here is Cael getting his first taste of cake: And after: I think he enjoyed his cake!?

Here is a picture of the whole family:After the party, we made our way home for naps. The boys were wore out as were the adults so we all laid down & then woke up to open the presents the boys got from the party. Here is a pic of me & Tanner with our KU apparel on! I ended up getting him a KU football jersey & he LOVED it!

It was so much fun watching them open all their presents - almost like Christmas! It was definitely a great day spent with these little guys & am so glad I made the trip!

I am so very sad to be leaving tomorrow but will get to see these two again come Christmas along with my other nieces & nephew :)

No comments: