Thursday, February 26

The "Beast"

This is Shane's 1 Ton Dually pickup. I like to refer to it as "The Beast"! I HATE driving it because it is way too big and way too long and I can't switch lanes very easily with the topper on because I can't see. Well, today my husband needed my car and asked that I take his to work....all the way down to the Plaza, in rush hour traffic, in the rain. I was amazed he was letting me take his "baby"! I was a bit nervous as I was making my way down I-35 and noticed I was white-knuckling the steering wheel all the way there. I don't know what scared me more - the traffic whizzing by me at high speeds or the fear I would hit someone while changing lanes. Once I arrived safely to the Plaza area with no mishaps, my next challenge was where on earth do I park this beast? I managed to find a parking lot 2 blocks from the hospital and backed that thing into a corner spot. My husband would be so very proud of me if he could have seen my excellent parking job. I was never so relieved to have arrived to work safely and with no problems....and secretly, I think Shane was relieved as well! He only called me twice on my way to work :)

*all the green in this picture makes me long for warm, spring-like weather :(

1 comment:

Cori said...

I would be scared to drive a truck that big, too! Although, if you hit someone, I think you'd be safe....it's the other guy who should live in fear! :)