Sunday, February 1

Super Bowl Festivities

This evening Shane & I hosted a Super Bowl party and invited the "game-night" girls and their spouses. We had such a fun evening with everyone! The girls missed out on most of the game as we were all gathered around the food eating and socializing - imagine that :) - while the guys were hootin' & hollerin' downstairs in front of the TV. I ended up DVRing the game just so I could later watch the commercials! I did manage to keep my eye on the scores right at half-time and again at the end of the game since I had started a Super Bowl pool at work. A few of the game-night girls got in on it also so it was fun to keep track of who was close to winning the two $100 jackpots! Shane had the winning score at the end of the game right up until the Steelers scored in the last minute! Two of my co-workers ending up winning! Oh well, hopefully we have better luck next year!

We had an insane amount of food as everyone brought an appetizer (or two) and everything was so good! I must say that Nick brought the most interesting appetizer which was Goose Fingers - think chicken fingers but made with goose meat. I was brave enough to try them and they honestly weren't bad. It tasted alot like duck - dark meat and slightly greasy. I think the Buffalo Chicken Dip that Erinn brought was the main hit of the night! Oh soooo good :)

We didn't let the evening pass us by without snapping a few pictures. As long as Keri, Melissa and myself are at a get-together, there are sure to be cameras flashing! It seems that every time us girls get together, we have to take a picture of all of us sporting our Woodland Ridge subdivision "sign"! We are so "gangsta" up in our small town of Spring Hill; population 4000 :) So as to not disappoint, here we are:

Pictured L to R: Erinn, Melissa, Heather, Michelle & Keri

No comments: