Sunday, February 15

Mattress-shopping

I have finally convinced my husband that we need a new mattress. I have woke up one too many mornings with a sore back and just can't take it anymore. Shane finally caved and we went mattress-shopping today. Our first stop was the JCPenny Home store. The salesmen was quite informative and I was amazed at how much work finding a new mattress would be. We must have laid down and rolled around on about 10 mattresses trying to find the perfect amount of firmness & fluff. Lucky for us they were having a huge President's Day sale so all matresses were 50% off! Quite a bit of savings when you are talking about spending $2000 on one! Before we made a decision, we drove over to Mattress Firm and Sleep One just to see if they had anything comparible for a better price. We were sadly disappointed to see that they either didn't have the quality of mattresses or they were more expensive. So back to JCPenny we went where we settled on the Sealy Posturepedic with a memory foam pillow top. It feels SO dreamy and I can hardly wait until it is delivered next Thursday. A good nights sleep is awaiting....

1 comment:

Keri said...

I can see you and Shane both rolling around on mattresses trying them out! Ken and I bought a new one a few years ago and had an interesting experience with the sales man trying to get us to buy his $90 mattress pad! His approach was that if you get any stains on the mattress itself, it voids the warranty.

I had to walk away because I lost it laughing so loud. Before I walked away, I did manage to ask what kind of stains he was talking about since we neither one pea in the bed. Ken was embarrassed and will not take me mattress shopping again for a long time!!