Monday, December 15

"The One With...Another Ticket"

Can I just say I HATE SMALL TOWN COPS! I grew up in a small town where they sucked and now that I live in an even smaller town they still suck! They spend their entire day with nothing better to do than cruising around the town of Spring Hill, KS just waiting for something exciting to happen...someone to mess up so they can pull them over and give them a ridiculously overpriced ticket. Ugghhh!

So picture if you will, it is 5:30 pm and I am pulling into the subdivision. I get to my cul-de-sac and decided to make a quick loop around the neighborhood to admire all the Christmas lights. I'm driving along checking out everyone's decorations and I'm not even 1/2 a block from my house when out of nowhere comes this car up behind me with flashing lights. As soon as I pull over, I knew instantly that I had ran one of the stop signs that are located in the 3 most ridiculous places in our subdivision. I was SO mad...mostly at myself for making a dumb impulse decision to look at the stupid lights in the first place and also for not paying attention. So I'm sitting there with the lights going full blast behind me and as I look to my left and to my right EVERYONE is looking out their windows staring at me and the cop is taking FOREVER to write up my ticket. I swear I sat their for 10 minutes and the nosey neighbors all stared at me the entire time. I wanted to jump out of my car and tell them all to take a damn picture-it'll last longer! Anyway, the cop lady comes back and hands me my DL and ticket and tells me to be safe and have a great holiday. I about told her what she could do with her ticket AND her holiday - especially when I looked at how much it cost! $75 for running a stop sign and $40 for court costs that I'm not even going to be present for - $115 total! Unbelievable...I knew I should have just went straight home! The lights weren't that great anyway :(

2 comments:

Keri said...

OMG! I cannot believe it is that much! We were pulled over in the neighborhood before we even moved in because we did a rolling stop thru the stop sign right by our house! We were lucky not to get a ticket! Was it the butchy police lady? She is the only police officer that likes me. :)

Anonymous said...

YES...it was the butchy police officer :( I was heading North on Baker and turned right onto 208th St and I could SWEAR there wasn't a stop sign there! I am going to check it out tonight. Maybe I can go to court (since I'm already paying the court costs) & challenge it! We will see!