This year we decided on a "Mexican" themed event and festivities started off at 5pm. We started at the first house with cocktails which consisted of margaritas, sangria & Dos Equis beer. Next house we headed to was for appetizers, then over to the Taylor house for soup & salad, next door for the main course, across the cul-de-sac for dessert, then we headed next door for after-dinner drinks. This is where I lost track of the evening :) I was doing pretty good by only having one glass of wine at each house so if you are keeping track, I have had 5 glasses of wine by this point! Oh yeah, I forgot about the 3 chocolate cups filled with Bailey's at the house where we had dessert!?! My bad...
So, everyone is having drinks, we are opening gifts from our White Elephant X-mas exchange and someone starts making slippery nipple shots. For some reason, I thought I was back in college and end up slamming 3 of them! They were quite yummy!
After everyone had their fill of drinks, we headed over to Suzie's house for sopapillas & Mexican Brandy along with a game of "inappropriate charades"! It was a great evening filled with good food & good friends. We are so blessed to have such wonderful neighbors!
Here are a few other pics from the evening:
No comments:
Post a Comment