Came home after work & saw this waiting on the front steps :) Yay - it's Stitch Fix day!!
I got it inside & quickly opened it up to check out all that my stylist Sara had picked for me!
I see leather leggings - woo hoo :) In this fix I had asked for sandals, a summery dress & a pair of leather leggings & guess what? I got ALL three!! I also got a pretty silky white tank top & a gray knit blazer.
I swear I have gotten a blazer in every months Fix - seriously what is with the blazers?? I'm not even really a blazer-wearing kind of gal!?After Mase was tucked into bed I went ahead & tried everything on. So are you ready for the fashion show? First up....the gladiator sandals.
As you can see I finally got a chance to get a pedi since the "foot" incident :) I really liked these sandals....when sitting on my bed. But then I tried them on & sadly they were one size too big :( I also have an extremely high arch & with the thin sole these sandals were pretty uncomfortable for me when walking around in them. Had they fit & felt more comfortable I definitely would have kept these!
Next is the Bogota dress:
I loved the color & the style of this dress but when I put it on it was one size too small :( It was pretty tight across the chest, the elastic waistband sat up super high on my torso & it looked too short on me. I put on a belt to see if that would change the look & then a denim jacket & I just didn't "love" it so I returned it.
Then I tried on the leather leggings, the white tank top, blazer & a previous SF necklace & voila:
I LOVED the Keeley Faux Leather Legging. They were so comfortable, fit me perfect, the faux leather didn't look "cheap" & was exactly what I was looking for for an upcoming Mama's night out!
This Pinterest picture was my inspiration:
And it is even paired with a blazer :)
The Aliyah Sleeveless Shell Blouse would have been a keeper had it fit. It was really pretty, flowy, white satiny fabric but it was too big so I returned it.
I was on the fence with the Grenaa Knit Blazer. The fabric was super soft, I loved the color but I wish it had been one size bigger. I also thought it was kind of pricey for being a knit blazer so sadly I sent it back as well.
So the only thing I ended up keeping is the one thing that I really wanted - the faux leather legging. They were pretty pricey so I really couldn't afford to keep anything else.
It gets frustrating trying on stuff only to discover it is too small or too big but unfortunately that is the gamble with Stitch Fix. My checkbook probably appreciates it :)



No comments:
Post a Comment