One of Mason's favorite teachers at daycare was Miss Tiffany. She took care of him in the infant room AND the Toddler 1 room. He loved her & she absolutely loved him.
Once Mason transitioned over to Toddler 2 Miss Tiffany started working over in the Toddler 3 room so we were super excited that she was going to be his teacher once again when Mase made the move.
Well then Miss Tiffany ended up getting pregnant. Then she shocked us all & told us she was having twins. Then at 28 weeks she was advised to quit her job & take it easy for the rest of her pregnancy. Later she decided she wouldn't be coming back which meant she wouldn't be Mason's teacher in Toddler 3. I was super happy for her but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit sad she wouldn't be coming back.
Fast forward a few weeks & Miss Tiffany ended up going into premature labor & delivered her twin boys at 32 weeks. They were in the NICU for about a month & once they got home I wanted to wait a couple of months to visit them.
Mase really wanted to see her & the babies & I just knew she would never forgive me if I didn't bring him along with me. So as much as it killed me, we made sure to wait until after winter so all the "bugs" that go along with it would be gone.
While we were waiting to go visit, Mase & I went through all his newborn - 6 mos clothing & donated a bunch of it to the babies. We also cleaned out his toy box & got rid of a lot of Mason's "baby" toys & puzzles. Mase was super excited to give all his stuff to the babies :)
Today was the anxiously awaited day to go visit Miss Tiffany & meet her husband Austin & the babies - Bentley & Taven!
Mase absolutely LOVED the babies. He kept patting their little heads, rubbing their bellies, giving them kisses. It was the sweetest thing ever! Then he wanted to hold the babies so Miss Tiffany helped him:Ugh - seeing him hold Bentley makes my ovaries ache :( So very sweet!
We loved spending time with Miss Tiffany & hearing all about her delivery, life with twins, being a stay-at-home Mama & all that comes with being a Mama. I loved seeing her so happy, so at peace & in that role as a Mama.
We are looking so forward to seeing how much they have grown when we make another visit this summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment