Mason James - yesterday my sweet boy you turned THREE years old. How is this even possible? I feel like it was just yesterday I was writing your ONE & TWO year old letters & now today you turn yet another year older. So bittersweet.
Weight: At your 3 year doctors' appointment you passed the exam with flying colors. You weighed in at 35 lbs (up 6 lbs from last year) & measured 38.5 inches (3 inches taller since last year) - both in the upper 80th percentile. You are wearing a size 9 shoe & are wearing mostly 3T clothing right now. But seeing how much food you can eat at one sitting & how broad your chest is getting I have a feeling you will be in 4T shirts by this summer. Ugh - please stop growing so fast!Eating: You LOVE to eat & rarely miss a meal. For breakfast your favorite is "Yucky Charms" or "Shaushage & Eggs". Pancakes are also a must-have on the weekend. For lunch you would eat Mac-n-Cheese everyday if we let you & for supper you want yogurt & cutie oranges at every meal. You are not a fan of vegetables unless it is corn. You also still will not eat hamburger - on a bun, in spaghetti or in a casserole. You love pizza & your favorite kind is sausage. You will eat chicken, fish, pork & hot dogs no problem but not red meat. Popcorn, apples & fruit gummies are your favorite snacks. You have a huge sweet-tooth (just like your Daddy) & would live off of suckers, Skittles & PEZ candy if we let you. You have your first trip to the Dentist next month so I am hoping we are doing a great job brushing & taking care of those baby teeth!
Sleeping: Sometime earlier this year you became an amazing little sleeper. We start the bedtime routine around 745pm with snack-time, bath-time, PJ's, story-time & in bed by 8:30pm. You fall asleep within 10 minutes (most nights) & wake up around 6:30am. That is 9-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep & it is amazing :) Unfortunately, you will not fall asleep in your own bed so every night you crawl into our bed & Mama moves you to your bed once you fall asleep. We will try working on this battle at a later time....maybe by your next birthday?!? You continued to have a paci up until now & a week before your birthday we quit cold-turkey. You were only using it to fall asleep at night & honestly taking it from you was pretty easy with no fuss. If I knew it was going to be this easy, I would have done it WAY sooner.
Milestones: We think you the smartest 3 year old ever but we are just a little bit biased ;) You can say your ABC's, recognize & point out certain letters, count to 20, you sing nursery rhymes, were fully potty-trained one month before your birthday,
There’s not much you don’t love doing - except going to sleep or taking naps & you will NEVER admit when you’re tired.
You LOVE to play outside whether it be at the park, riding your scooter or bike, playing catch, swinging the bat - anything as long as we are playing together. You love playing hide & seek in the house, playing "tackle" or Superheroes with Daddy, putting together Lego's, playing board games, painting, doing puzzles & watching Paw Patrol, Blaze or PJ Masks on the iPad. You are out in the garage "working" on Daddy's motorcycle with him any chance you can. Your best friend is Greyson & you talk about him ALL. THE. TIME! You love spending time with him whether it be at daycare, at his house or swimming at the pool.
A few months ago I was watching you as you played on the floor with your cars & it just hit me how independent you’ve become. You don’t need me for everything anymore & that’s been a hard realization for your Mama. I thought parenting would get easier the older you get & it has in many ways, but sometimes I miss the days when you couldn’t do anything without me. You at least will still say "hold you Mama" to me & I of course I will drop everything I am doing, pick you up & hold you - just because you asked me to.
Seeing you grow into this well-mannered, tender-hearted, kind little person, loving your daycare & your teachers, making friends on your own, developing your own relationships & your own identity, hearing your amazing laugh, seeing your great imagination & ambition to try & do everything yourself....I absolutely love the little person you’ve become & look SO forward to watching you grow this year!
After you turned two I secretly prayed that God would bless us all with another baby just like you & how I would love to be able to do this all over again. Being your Mama is the most amazing job in the whole wide world. We still would love to give you a sibling but sometimes life doesn't always happen the way you wanted it to. So even if it’s just the three of us I know we’ll be okay. You have already made me the happiest & most fulfilled Mama in the world & I know for a fact that your Daddy feels the same way!Happy 3rd Birthday sweet boy! We love you oh so very much....



No comments:
Post a Comment