Saturday, January 30

Superheroes Unite

Today we celebrated Mason's birthday with all his little friends & it turned out to be such a fun party!

A few months ago I had asked Mason what kind of birthday party he wanted to have & without hesitation he said SUPERHEROES! So I started searching websites like Pinterest & Etsy early & the party planning began. Right after Christmas the invites went out:
Originally we were going to have his party outside of the home but after looking into places to have it the cost was SO expensive so we decided to do his party at our house & it worked out perfectly.

I had every intention to make this party small & simple but those who know me know that is not how HT rolls. I have this little problem where when I get an idea (or several) in my head, as much as I try to talk myself out of it my creative side usually wins out over my practical side. I always end up going overboard which may or may not have been the case in this situation. By the time I was done decorating it pretty much look like Pinterest threw up all over the house & I'm not going to lie - I absolutely loved how it all turned out!
The kids table - capes & masks ready to go!
 
Decorated fireplace & all Mason's gifts
 
 Favor bags for the littles
 
10 of Mason's little besties were invited & we were so excited that they all were able to make it. When the kids arrived, they each got a superhero mask & cape & they loved them:
 

 
Sadly I got too busy & didn't end up getting any pictures of the food :( I had a huge spread on the island consisting of Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets, fruit platter made in the shape of Captain America's shield, 7-layer dip with chips,  cheese tray with summer sausage & THOR hammers, PB&J sandwiches (cut in the shape of stars), Cheeze-Itz & green Hulk juice to drink for the littles.

Examples of food (& photos) courtesy of Pinterest
 
After all the littles ate it was time to play some games. First up was "Pin the Star" on the Captain America shield. I made the shield out of poster board, cut out white stars for the kiddos to pin on the shield & hung it on the front door:
 


After all the kids had a chance to pin the star on the shield we moved down to the basement. I had set up a Superhero obstacle course to "test agility, speed & accuracy" - qualities every Superhero must have!
 
The littles each took turns running through the obstacle course which consisted of a balance beam, a slide, a ride in the Cozy Coupe, jumping across the ottoman & oversized chair, through the tunnel & popping of a balloon with Hulk hands. They had SO much fun & kept wanting to run through the course.
Once the kiddos had their fun with the obstacle course it was time to hit the piñata. It was an Avengers piñata full of candy & I was surprised at how good those little's could hit!

I handed out little bags to collect all the candy in once the piñata broke & they were able to take it home with them once the party was over. They had a ball!
 
After the games ended we headed back upstairs to sing Happy Birthday & eat some cake. I was SO happy the way the cake/cupcakes turned out & they tasted even more amazing than they looked!

We all sang Happy Birthday to the birthday boy & he was SO excited to have everyone gathered around the table with him.

 
The adults all stuffed ourselves full of delicious cake while the littles ran around & played in Mason's room all together. Once I got the kitchen & dining room tidied up a bit we all gathered in the living room to open gifts. I was going to wait until everyone had left & open gifts with just family but Mason REALLY wanted to open his birthday presents & all his friends kept asking as well. SO I caved & learned later that I will never open gifts like that again.
It was absolute chaos with Mason trying to open gifts along with 10 of his little friends trying to open his gifts, see what he got, play with what he got. I had my sister-in-law Meghan trying to write down who gave what gift but it got SO loud & crazy up in there. I was impressed she even got half of the gifts written down.

After the gift opening the littles started to wind down & it was time for everyone to go. Mason said goodbye to all his friends & handed out the favor bags to each friend along with an official Superhero certificate.
Each favor bag had a fun straw, superhero fruit snacks, tattoo's, stickers, crayons & a little toy. Each kiddo was able to take home their cape & mask as well.

Uncle Steve & Aunt Meghan stayed for awhile after the party to visit & hang out with the birthday boy.


 
All in all I would say the Superhero birthday party was a success. Pretty sure Mase had SO much fun. I know his friends had fun & the adults had fun watching the littles have fun. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Mason's new presents, cleaning up & we may or may not have had round #2 of the birthday cake :)
Happy 3rd Birthday my sweet little man! Hope you had SO much fun with your friends :)

Birthday Party details:

 
Birthday t-shirt: Bugaboo's Closet
Capes/masks: Lollipop Lucy Costumes
Superhero banner: eltendendero 
Favor bag pictures: Kawaii Kids Design
Water bottle labels: Rainbow Sweet Studio
Table decorations & piñata: Party City
Cake/cupcakes: Gretchen's Gourmet Goodies 

No comments: