Sunday, January 5

Rock Chalk!

This year I had gotten my husband tickets to a KU basketball game for Christmas & I was looking so very forward to going myself as I have never been to Allen Fieldhouse to watch a game - shocking I know! You can imagine my disappointment when I started getting sick a few days before the game :(

I had woke up Saturday morning hardly able to get out of bed but I was determined that nothing was going to keep me from going to this game the following day. I made my way to the Take Care Clinic that morning & got checked out & my diagnosis was sinus infection, bilateral ear infection & strep-throat - I seriously haven't been that sick in a LONG time. I was given an antibiotic, spent $25 in cold medication & made my way back home to crawl into bed. Thank goodness Shane was here to take care of Mason - I honestly don't know how single parents manage when they are sick?!

Sunday was game-day. We had Miss Katie come & babysit Mason for the day while we made our way to Lawrence, KS. I was feeling slightly better as we left & was so high on cold medicine & adrenaline that I didn't even notice the low-grade fever I had. We had lunch in Lawrence & then made our way to the Park-n-Ride shuttle area & were shuttled on over to Allen Fieldhouse. 

We had General Admission tickets & unfortunately this was the line that awaited us. The windows above the guy's head in the red hoodie was the entrance. There we stood in the 9 degree temp's, for around 20 minutes - did I mention I had a fever??
The line seemed to move fairly quickly & before we were able to get chilled to the bone we were inside Allen Fieldhouse. Unfortunately we didn't get a lot of time to look around at all the memorabilia as we needed to find a seat. 
 
General admission = first come, first serve so when we got into the building it was like letting a herd of cattle out to pasture. Everyone ran inside to get a seat & surprisingly we didn't have any trouble finding good seats. We ended up sitting right behind the student section which was super fun as everyone around us was pretty rowdy.
We were playing San Diego State University who ended up giving us a heck of a game!

Announcing the KU players:

Half-time:

During the game:
Unfortunately KU ended up losing the basketball game which was quite disappointing but being there in person watching the game was priceless. We will definitely be doing this again! I just hope next time I am feeling better.

Rock Chalk!!

No comments: