Friday, September 6

Last Day

Mason has been going to day care for 4 months now & I have been SO pleased with the way his daycare is run as well as the staff who takes care of my little guy.

Every morning I drop him off & am comforted to see him greeted by smiling faces & the excitement on his face when he sees his providers makes it easier leaving him. I have grown particularly fond of the two girls who take care of him day in & day out - Miss Katie & Miss Alecia. They spend more time with my son then I do which is hard for me to accept sometimes but knowing he is in such great hands eases the heartache.
                                            Katie, Mason & Alecia

With that said, I was given some very sad news earlier this week. Miss Katie & Miss Alecia are both leaving the infant room & today is their last day. Katie is going back to nursing school & Alecia is moving over to the 1 year old room - so at least she won‘t be too far! 


When they told me this I immediately got tears in my eyes. I guess I was naive enough to think they would be with Mason all year & had no other lives of their own other than caring for my son - silly me!

It was a tough week knowing we were steps closer to the “last day”. On the girls last day I brought them both flowers, a thank you card with a Target gift card in it & wrote out my thanks & appreciation for taking such good care of Mason every single day while I was away at work. They were both touched & I know they were both sad to be leaving him as well. Miss Katie promises to come visit when she can & we have become Facebook friends so she can keep up with Mason! She has also offered her babysitting services anytime we needed them so that is a nice resource to have in the future!!

After we said our sad goodbye to the girls, I learned that Katie’s mom Maggie was going to be moving to the infant room on Monday & I couldn’t have been happier! Maggie has filled in before when Katie or Alecia has been gone & she runs a super tight ship in that infant room! LOVE her to pieces & so does Mason so it made me feel so much better. 


I am going to miss seeing Miss Katie’s sweet face & look forward to getting Alecia back in 5 months when Mason moves over to the 1 year old room - YIKES - that will be here before we know it!

No comments: