Shane's dad had been hospitalized a week prior with pneumonia & since he was battling lymphoma his immune system was greatly compromised & he could no longer fight the infection. His organs were starting to shut down & it was getting to be time for the family to gather & say their last goodbyes.
Shane & his brother left for Colorado an hour after that phone call & later that evening his dad passed away peacefully with his wife & two sons by his side. He was only 72 years old. I am so very glad I was able to convince my husband to go so that he had the chance to say goodbye to his dad.
This picture was taken back in September when Mason was 6 months old & it is such a treasured keepsake & memory. It was the first time "Grandpa Mountain" had the chance to meet Mason & he was so very proud of his grandson. I think the smile on his face says it all....
3 generations of Taylor boys :)
I am so very sad for my husband as well as Mason who will never get to know his grandfather. RIP James.....you will be missed by many.
Please keep our family in your prayers as we all try to get through this very difficult time in the days ahead. Your thoughts & prayers are very much appreciated.
Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment