Saturday, January 25

Winter ONEderland

Those of you who know me know that I have a few crafty skills up my sleeve & when it comes to party planning or making my own creations, nothing I do is plain & simple. I LOVE planning parties so why would planning my son's 1st birthday party be any different?!?

I have been planning this shin-dig for quite some time now & to say it was SO much fun is an understatement! Once I decided on a theme there was no stopping me. I spent whatever free time I had on the internet searching sites like Etsy & Pinterest, gathering ideas, saving & pinning pic's. I guess you could say I was a bit out of control but I didn't care. I never thought I would ever be given this chance to throw a 1st birthday party for my child so forgive me if I wanted it to be amazing & perfect. Yes I know he won't remember any of it but I don't care. He survived his 1st year. We as parents survived his 1st year & to me that was something worth celebrating!

Back in December I had decided on a Winter ONEderland theme (thank you Pinterest) full of snowflakes & penguins with a red, teal & white color scheme. I knew I wanted a dessert table with lots of yummy desserts to pick from & I knew I wanted the party catered so I wouldn't have to do any cooking or prepping of food. I also knew I wanted the location of his party to be fairly close so we ended up having his party at a local bar & grill in their private room & it was absolutely perfect for our event.

So after weeks of party planning, today was the big day. All the hours I had spent creating, printing, cutting, pasting, gluing, going over in my head exactly how I wanted his party to be had finally paid off & after it was all said & done - it was amazing. It was perfect. It was everything I had imagined it would be for our little man! 

40 of our very closest family & friends were invited to the birthday event & all but 4 were able to come. Those that attended may have thought it was a bit over the top. Others may have thought it was the best 1st birthday party they have ever been to. Some may have even thought I was trying to win the "Mother of the Year" award. But to me it wasn't about any of those things. It was about my son's very 1st birthday celebration & to me he is worth "over the top" plus oh so much more :)

So without further ado, here are pics from Mason's Winter ONEderland party :) I will warn you though....there are LOTS of pics.

First - some of the "details":

Invitations

Mason's party shirt

Table centerpieces

Dessert table

Strawberry Cheesecake

Mason's "smash" cake

Sugar Cookies

Vanilla/Chocolate Cupcakes

 Candy/Chocolate Tray

Taco/Nacho bar

 Mason's birthday "throne"
 


Monthly photo banner

Favor bags for the kids

  The "goods" inside favor bags


High chair banner
 Now for some pictures with family & friends:
Mommy & Mase

Mase with Daddy
 
Mason with Uncle James


Grandpa & Grandma "Farm" with their grandson

My sister-in-law Meghan with Mase

Uncle Steve with his nephew

My dear friend Stetson (of Stetson's Famous Cheesecakes) & his wife Janice with the birthday boy

Mason about to "smash" into his cake

Mommy, Daddy & our birthday boy

Mmmmm - this is good!

 
Post cake-smashing - all giggles with Grandpa "Farm"

Mase with the "game-night" girls:

After the festivities were over, we headed back to our house & decided to open gifts there rather than at the party. Mase was so spoiled by everyone's generosity & he had so much fun pulling tissue paper out of bags & checking out all his new clothes, books & toys.
It was such an amazing day & so much fun was had by all - especially the birthday boy! We are truly blessed to have Mason in our lives & we thank God each & every day for him. 

Thank you for supporting & loving our family. I hope you enjoyed getting a glimpse into Mason's very 1st birthday party & perhaps got some inspiration for your own parties as well!? A special thank you to all our family & friends who made it out & made Mason's party ONEderful :)

Vendors
Invitations: Etsy - PuzzlePrints
Party shirt: Etsy - Pocketbaby
Penguin centerpiece/favor bag treats: Oriental Trading Company
Strawberry cheesecake - Stetson's Famous Cheesecake
Cupcakes/Sugar Cookies/Smash cake: Gretchen's Gourmet Goodies
Cupcake toppers/penguin confetti: Etsy - A Delicate Gift
Monthly banner/menu placecards: Etsy - Adorable Affair
Birthday, high chair banner & favor bags: made by yours truly :)

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Love it!! So cute! I may be a bit insane when it comes to birthday parties. Ethan's birthday is the end of march and I start planning/crafting usually the beginning of October. I get made fun of all the time, but I love doing it and I waited forever for him so its very justified in my mind. I love the one-derful theme, I hadn't seen that one yet and so perfect for this time of the year. Awesome job mama!

Amanda said...

You did an AMAZING job!!! I'm with you for parties - all about the details. =)

Trixy said...

Thank you so much for including us in your vendor list! The party looked great,
Trixy @ A Delicate Gift

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for featuring Adorable Affair on your blog. The party turned out super cute!

- Chelsey, Owner Adorable Affair Etsy Shop