Needless to say, I haven't really wanted to leave the house with a 4 week old baby & battle all the snow & the bad roads. But today I decided that Mason & I had been cooped up in the house for far too long - 5 days to be exact! By the time Friday rolled around I was going stir-crazy & ready to get out of the house! Mason was all for getting out & about also:
We had Mason's 1 month appt this morning & then afterwards I met up with my girlfriend Camille for a lunch date at On The Border. She is a mother of 3 & it was SO nice to catch up & visit with her about "mommy-hood"! She had such wonderful tips & advice for me & even invited me to join her church's "mommy-group" which I am looking very forward to. She also got some good snuggle-time in with Mason so she was super happy about that!
After our lunch date, Mason & I ran some errands & enjoyed a little "retail-therapy"! It was really nice to get out of the house & spend a little money :)
Later on in the evening the "game-night" girls were gathering for our monthly get-together. I debated about whether to go or not as Mason has been Mr. Fussy Pants lately but ended up going & was SO glad I did. I hadn't seen these girls in quite awhile so it was wonderful to see them & get caught up with what everyone has been up to. I enjoyed my one & only glass of wine for the evening in 10 months, snacked on some yummy app's & we all played a really fun game: Telestrations.
This game is the visual equivalent of the classic school-yard game "telephone" - which I had never heard of or played as a kid. It ended up being a super fun game in which everyone's attempts at "art" turned into hilarious pics. You start with a secret word that is passed around the table from player to player. As the word is sketched, interpreted, & then sketched again, it undergoes a visual transformation that most of the time has nothing to do with the secret word.
For example, the secret word here in the picture was Los Angeles & by the end somehow the drawing was configured to The Wizard of Oz. Too funny - I guess you had to be there?!
Before everyone left, Melissa made sure to gather everyone together for our usual photo-op. Mason was definitely not a happy boy when it came time to take pictures :(
I just realized after looking at everyone dressed up in this photo that I am definitely a mom of a newborn - the track suit just screams Mommy - lol :)
Keri tried her "baby whisperer" skills on Mason & eventually got him to settle down - after this photo was taken :)
Mason fast asleep & mommy all ready to go home:
It was another successful "game-night" & I am so glad I was able to go. Thanks girls for letting Mason crash the girl-party, to Jill D. for hosting & to Melissa for always having your camera & taking great photos!!


No comments:
Post a Comment