Shortly after we all arrived back home from that beautiful, magical place, 3 little miracles happened. I was the first one to get pregnant, then our friend Kari & then Jen. Was it something in the ocean water? Or in the alcoholic drinks we consumed on that trip? Definitely is quite strange that all three of us would end up pregnant shortly after returning!? Because this all happened after our trip, the "babies-to-be" were soon referred to as Destin Baby #1, 2 & 3 by the other girls.
There are few people who come into your life for a reason. They come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance & support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They seem like a godsend & they truly are. They are there for the reason you need them to be & Jen is one of those people!
Soon after, Jen & I became "belly bump buddies." We shared anything & everything with each other about our pregnancy. We would always rub baby bellies whenever we saw each other, we sent hundreds of texts back & forth & would keep tabs on each other every week with every milestone. Since I was 8 weeks ahead of Jen, I was honored to be her "go-to" person when she had questions. My sister was my "go-to" person so I know first-hand how important having that person in your life is & I am SO glad I could be that for her!
Me, Mason & Jen a week after he was born
Jen's baby shower was held 2 week's after Mason was born. It was the first time I ventured out of the house without Mason - who stayed home with daddy & grandma. Jen was surprised that I came to the shower & even more so without Mason but this was one event that I wasn't going to be missing!
It was one of the most beautiful baby showers I have ever seen! Everything was so beautifully done - I almost felt like I was at a wedding reception rather than a baby shower! So thankful my hubby & mom tended to Mason so that I could share in such a special day with Jen!
Jen's girlfriends did an amazing job with all the details & I am so glad I didn't miss it!!
Earlier this week, Destin baby #2 arrived! Jen's precious little miracle made her entrance into the world on March 10th & both mom & little Miss Ava Jean are doing great! We visited them both in the hospital the next day & made sure to get a pic of our two Destin miracle babies together:
I love how their little fists are identical in the picture :)
We are both looking so very forward to many play-dates in the future with these two little cuties! I am so very blessed to have such a dear friend in my life & I can't wait to experience "mommy-hood" together with her!
OH & just in case you were wondering...Destin baby #3 is due March 20th - so any day now! Kari unfortunately lives in Chicago so there has been talk of a "Destin Baby" reunion this summer :)


2 comments:
This post makes me so happy. :)
How cool that all three of you were able to get pregnant! And that party looks so great!
Post a Comment