Today Mason is 1 month old! Seriously - how is that possible? I guess when you are elbows deep in feedings, diaper changes, sleepless nights, days full of naps, catching up on housework while baby sleeps, paying bills, washing bottles & trying to eat 3 meals a day will make the time fly!? lol
After Mason's bath this morning, I went to put on one of his cute little newborn sleepers & his feet were busting out at the seams :( I grabbed this sleeper & same thing:
Since I knew this would be the last time he would have this little outfit on I made sure to get a picture. Ugh - this made me so sad! As much as I can't wait for little man to get into a more "fun" stage, it makes me sad that he is growing so darn fast. I reached for one of his 3 mos sleepers which looked way big & to my surprise it fit him pretty well with just a bit of room to grow! Looks like it will soon be time to fold up all his "newborn" clothes & put them away :(
We got in to see his Pediatrician this morning & he agrees with us that Mason has reflux. After weighing him it was also determined that I am more than likely over-feeding him which only makes the reflux & spitting up worse. Epic fail #1 for this mother!
Mason weighed in at 10 lbs even & the Dr. was fine with that, but compared to what he weighed 2 weeks ago I guess he is gaining weight too quick for his liking. I have been breast-feeding the majority of the time but will supplement with formula when he acts like he is still hungry - which seems to be all the time. I have also been feeding him when he is fussy - which has been ALOT - because the boobies are what consoles him & this mama has been desperate!
So after much discussion, I am to try & space out his feedings to 2 1/2 hours to give his tummy a bit more time to empty before the next feeding & he was also prescribed Zantac to help with the reflux. I am hoping to have a much more content baby in the next few days!?
Happy 1 month birthday little man! We are looking so forward to seeing how much you change next month!
1 comment:
He's so darn adorable!
I still cry every time I have to pack up clothes. =(
Post a Comment