The first 6 weeks of his life were no joke. Not only was taking care of a newborn hard, but throw in some reflux, minimal daily naps, a lot of fussiness & a helluva lot of spit-up with projectile vomit & you will spend time crying in the shower.
Once we got him on some Zantac & he crossed over that 6 week fussy phase, it seemed to get a bit better. We still deal with lots of spit up & the projectile vomit but now we are ready for it. He wears bibs frequently & we have a burp cloth in every room of the house. And as for me...well, if you come visit I will more than likely be wearing jammies with spit-up (dried or fresh) all along the front of me as well as in my hair & smelling a bit like stomach acid. It is a hot combo & my husband for some reason has been keeping his distance. This is my life people & that is how I roll. Good times!
Mason is changing every day & it never ceases to amaze us. It is absolutely true when people say after those first 6 weeks that things start to get much better!
At 6 weeks he smiled at us for the first time & it totally melted my heart! I think I fell more in love with this little guy at that moment - if that is even possible?? He also will "coo" at us when we talk to him & it is the cutest thing ever!
I absolutely love listening to Shane & Mason "talk" to each other & can tell that Shane is going to be a wonderful dad just by the way he interacts with him. As you can see, already he is brainwashing him to love KU & the remote :)
When Mason isn't busy sleeping or nursing or being fussy or spitting up :) we will spend lots of time on his activity mat while listening to the Rock-A-Bye Baby station on Pandora. He is starting to really interact with the music & the lights on his mat as well as looking at all the little animals that hang from it. He gets so excited & his little legs will start kicking, his arms will flail all around & he starts "talking"! I must get this on video as it is so stinking cute. Unfortunately, someone else likes the play-mat when we aren't looking...
Since Mason is now 8 weeks old, this means I only have one more month of maternity leave left :( I am sad that my time at home with him is soon coming to an end but on the other hand I am looking forward to returning to a job that I absolutely love. Luckily, Shane's mom is coming to stay with us my first week back to work so Mason won't have to start daycare until he is 14 weeks old. I have been so lucky being able to have this time off with him & am definitely going to cherish these last 30 days at home with him.
Happy 2 months little man - mommy & daddy love you oh so very much :)
3 comments:
Oh, Heather! Mason is so precious!!!
Heather- I would seriously consider talking to you ped about switching him to Prilosec or prevacid. Anderson continued to spit up ALL DAY on the Zantac until he was 9 months old and after months are begging/arguing with my ped he switched him and the spit up completely stopped. The Zantac helped the fussing and refusal to eat but didn't touch the spit up so he started dropping on the growth chart. I don't want to be "that mom" offering unsolicited advice but that sounds a lot like Anderson and it was a battle for me!
You're doing great! He is precious!!
Your little Mason is so adorable!!
Post a Comment