Tuesday, January 24

Title Boxing

I have looked like this in my jeans for far too long:

(Ok - maybe this pic is a bit dramatic but you get the idea. I don't seriously look this bad in my jeans but I do feel like it sometimes).

I am refusing to buy bigger new jeans so it is finally time. Time for a new & healthier HT. After much prompting & begging by my friend Stephanie, I finally broke down & joined
Title Boxing. I have heard great things about this place & I am surrounded by several friends who are also members of TB. They motivate me to go on the days I don't feel like it & I do the same for them so it is nice to have that extra "push" to quit feeling lazy, get up off my butt, stop the excuses & just go.

It is only one hour but I have never sweated so much in one hour in my life. It is a MAJOR cardio workout & will kick your butt. The first 10 min is a cardio warm-up, then 35 min of punching/kicking the bag, combined with bear crawls, push-ups, mountain-climbers, squats - anything to keep your heart-rate up. The last 15 min is an ab workout - usually with medicine balls. They usually play great music & the trainers aren't so bad to look at either :)

I have been going 3-4 days/week for the last 2 weeks now & have already noticed that my jeans are fitting differently & that I have lost 3 lbs so far - YAY! That would make anybody want to keep going!! Besides, there are TB clubs located ALL over the KC metro area & are also conveniently located by each hospital I work at so I really have no excuse to not go!

So
with my girlfriends help & my "not so tight" fitting jeans, I think that is all the motivation I need to stick with it!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Can I join you on Sunday this weekend? So need to get back to a good routine in my life.