Saturday, January 14

A Date & the Bike Show

There are times in a marriage where you have to make sacrifices & do things you don't really care to do but because you love your spouse you suck it up & do it because you know he does the same for you.

Today was one of those days.


I got to enjoy a "date day" with the hubby & it was his turn to plan our day! We started out by eating lunch at Jose Peppers & then made our way to the Overland Park International Trade Center to check out the Wide Open Bike show. We met his brother James & his girlfriend along with 2 other couples that he usually rides Harley's with. Honestly, I wasn't crazy about going but I knew Shane was excited to check it out & really wanted me to go with so I did my wife duties & went along.

From the minute we walked up to the building, I knew my Ugg boots, cute lil' scarf & Coach purse was a little too "Johnson County" for this shin-dig. I was surrounded by hundreds of male & female bikers in all their biker-gear & women walking around with nothing more on than little tiny bikini briefs & a sparkly bra. Let's just say that Harley Davidson motorcycles wasn't the only thing on display!!! There were TONS of vendor booths which is where most of these girls were working at.

We both really enjoyed checking out all the bikes & all the elaborate detail that went into them. This bike was my absolute fave & if I owned a Harley I imagine that it would be similar to this color:

Painted on the fender was a "blinged" out tiara on top of a skull which was also displayed on the gal's helmet & leather coat:

Love the rhinestones!

We were walking around, taking it all in & then we both freaked out when we spotted Michael Ballard & his girlfriend Angie from the show
Full Throttle Saloon. We LOVE that show!!! For those of you who aren't familiar with it, FTS is the world's largest biker bar located in Sturgis, SD. It is only open 10 days out of the year when the Sturgis Bike Rally takes place in August. This bar gets around 15,000 visitors per night & the show is about what goes on there during those 10 days. Michael is the owner of the bar.

They had a HUGE trailer on display with TONS of t-shirts, hoodies, bandanna's & stocking hats. I ended up getting a cute black t-shirt with "bling" on it & says Full Throttle Saloon, Sturgis SD on the back & looks totally "biker-ish". It will be perfect to wear while riding with Shane ;) He also got a little something - a FTS stocking hat & a long sleeved t-shirt. After we made our purchases, we got in line to have our picture taken with Michael & Angie. They were both SO cool, so very nice & more than willing to stand there with us while we got a picture:


Surprisingly, it ended up being a lot of fun & I so enjoyed hanging out with the hubby for the day participating in a hobby that he loves.

Who knows, I may end up being a "biker-babe" after all!?!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love FTS!!! (the show, of course). I don't know why they keep Fajita around though. Great picture of you guys with Angie and Michael.

vabramson said...

i watch the show all the time, and actually last night was the finally for this yr but the whole show had u up and waiting for her to take a pregnancy test and at the end they go to act like their were going to show it and then it turned off. grrr i hate that so now im doing all these searches to see if it was positive and negative and by this picture i assume it was negative but i figured id ask u incase u might new. i dont like just assuming cause i know that i had a friend that you would of never new she was pregnant until she was like 6 1/2 months literally so if u now please let me no if u can. i iwll check back here and there . im actually glad i didn the search cause i found this site which is like a breath of fresh air. i will definately be back. hope u can help me or maybe someone else but please lets us no i know there are so many people right now and its driving us all crazy lol. thank you much

Heather said...

vabramson - seeing how that FTS taped in August & the picture of us with a "not pregnant" Angie was taken 5 mos later, I am going to guess she wasn't pregnant.