I am leaving the hubby & dogs behind & making my way to South Dakota for the weekend. Seems that when I wasn't looking, 20 years passed me by since I graduated high school & for some reason my classmates wanted to all gather this weekend for a 20th High School Reunion!?I was unable to get Friday off so unfortunately I had to work the morning shift before I could make my way. I went in to work around 6:30am & left the hospital around noon. Put the top down on the convertible, iPod was on shuffle & I was off for the 7 hour road-trip to SD!
This was my first long trip in the car with the top down. The first 3 hours were fantastic. Sun shining down upon me, wind blowing through my hair, fun music being played. But after awhile, I had to put the top back up because I was starting to get burnt - even with my SPF on - & I didn't want to look like a red lobster for the reunion. So I finished the rest of my trip in the air conditioning.
Arrived into my hometown of Mitchell around 7:30pm & my mom had an awesome steak dinner waiting for me when I got there! I enjoyed the rest of the evening hanging out & visiting with my parents. It was so nice to be back on the farm & spend some "alone" time with my mom & dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment